Top Clinical Trials 2019
By views, here are the top 10 trials on ACC.org for 2019, in alphabetical order. Some were first presented in 2018 or even earlier, but trial updates were presented in 2019 and highly viewed. This certainly attests to the ongoing scientific contributions that can come from randomized trials beyond the primary analysis. ISCHEMIA topped the list by an enormous margin, even though it was on the list for only a month, with the remainder of the listed trials clustered relatively close together. It is amazing to see diabetes trials represented so prominently – a sign of the evolution of cardiology to both study and treat all cardiovascular risk factors.
— Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH, FACC
- DECLARE-TIMI 58: Dapagliflozin Effect on Cardiovascular Events–Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 58
- EMPA-REG OUTCOME: Empagliflozin Cardiovascular Outcome Event Trial in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients
- EVAPORATE: Effect of Icosapent Ethyl on Progression of Coronary Atherosclerosis in Patients With Elevated Triglycerides on Statin Therapy
- ISCHEMIA: International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness With Medical and Invasive Approaches
- STOP-DAPT 2: Short and Optimal Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Everolimus-Eluting Cobalt-Chromium Stent-2